May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Off

Yesterday I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I didn't change any diapers or cook any meals, now that's better than Christmas!!  When we got home from church and changed our clothes it was time for lunch.  Emma was the waitress and came and took my order and dad made my lunch and Emma brought it out for me, drink and all!  Then it was time to open all the presents that Emma and her dad wrapped up for me.  Emma gave me a new hairbrush, much needed, and some really nice foot lotion for "stressed out" feet because she thought I needed it - how thoughtful!  I also got the best handmade card by Emma that included pictures and a story.  She  had taken some of the wrapping paper and dictated a story to her dad that wrote it down word for word from Emma, it is the cutest story of a swan and lots of walking, but the best part is how proud of it she was and how many times she sat on my lap to have me read it to her.  She is my little creative one!!  Isaac gave me a new pair of Rainbow flip-flops, a girl can never have too many, because it seemed my other black ones were not so "nice" anymore.  I already had my new camera for Mother's Day but dad wrapped up a new set of our silverware and I am so glad because we were down to 6 forks and a lot of washing the forks to get through the day!  Thanks for all the gifts and an entire day off!  I love being a mom to all 3 1/2 kids!!  Love you honey!


1 comment:

Michele said...

What a great hubby. You look great Gretchen. How did I not know you were prego??? Congrats!!