Today was the Mother's Day Brunch at Emma's preschool. This morning when she woke up the first thing she said was, "It's a special day. I need to look pretty." She then got all dressed up in her dress up clothes and was ready to go! I had to scale back a few things because I don't think Ms. Dianne meant for the girls to wear Snow White shoes, a hat, or bring a feather purse! I did talk her down to just the dress! The Mother's Day Brunch is such a big deal that I had to get a babysitter for Isaac! We were met at the front door by Ms. Dianne and then each girl was called up to give her mom a flower and say, "I love you mom!" and then Emma took me by the hand and led me to the backyard and showed me where to sit at the table.
The girls then took our glasses and Ms. Dianne filled them with water and they took our plates for the food. They all stood in a line by Ms. Dianne and waited for her to serve the food and then brought the plate out to us and Emma said, "Enjoy!" Once we all had our food the girls got their food and went to a table in the classroom and left the mom's to enjoy a meal and adult conversation.
Then it was time for the show! I only got about 2 minutes of the show because the tape ran out, the one thing I didn't check, but at least I had battery! Then I got the cutest card from Emma that said she loved that I played "Fancy Nancy" with her and made cookies. It also said, "Thank you for teaching me to vacuum. Thank you for teaching me about being baptized." So precious. Emma was so excited about the whole thing and how fancy it was and made sure I was having a
good time. What a sweetheart!
Click here to see video of show.
Click here to see ALL of the photos.
I love my Emma!!
2 comments:
Love the blog...can't wait to get caught up! Your family is awesome Gretchen!
OK, Emma looks like her daddy! What a great Mom's Brunch! I love the card! that is a keeper!
Post a Comment