We found everyone for lunch and we were having a pretty good time when all of a sudden Emma started to tell me that she didn't feel well. Now, sometimes this is like the Boy Who Cried Wolf so I just said she needed to eat to make her empty tummy feel better. But that just was not working. We moved my lunch out of the way and she threw up in the little paper boat looking container that held my sandwich. We cleaned up and the rest of the crew went to a ride and then they would come and check back on me in a little bit. I moved locations to a bench close to a bathroom where Isaac fell asleep in the stroller, he just knew that I would really love him for doing that, and Emma stayed on my lap and fell asleep. Then she woke up and needed to throw up and we ran to the bathroom. Now, remember, I am great with child, carrying my 4 year-old and pushing my sleeping giant in the stroller and running to the bathroom - yes, comedy of errors! I get into the bathroom and of course there is a line and I said, "Is there an open one my daughter is going to throw up!" Some lady actually said, "There's a garbage can right there." Now, I realize that it was fast and close but seriously, cut the pregnant woman with the sick kid and the giant stroller with the baby giant in it some slack! We went to the garbage can and she ended up not throwing up there. She managed to save it until we got back to the bench and I had her throw up in the bushes behind the bench. We were in a good spot where no one could watch her and Isaac was doing a great job hiding her with the stroller. By now you know that I wish I were somewhere else at the moment, oh, say, like HOME or better yet a beach in Hawaii but I had to pretend we were the only ones in the park and I didn't care because I didn't. All I cared about was my sweet sick baby girl that was screaming to go home and my little sleeping boy with no pants on!
We caught up to everyone else, thanks to Paige coming back to us with Brooke's sweater to cover Isaac's legs to he wasn't cold in the shade. I ended up carrying Emma back to everyone and that was not easy. After several attempts to throw up in the bushes that failed we headed to the car. Emma kept saying, "I want to go HOME!" Well, home we went. But it was a long walk back to the car and yes, I was carrying her there as well.
We got to the front of the park and Emma had to throw up again so I ran to the bathroom with her and managed to pull a great move of sweeping her up and simultaneously pushing the lid off the garbage can because she wouldn't make it to the toilet, it was a sweet move! I mopped up a little mess off the floor, there happened to be a mop by the trash can, and we cleaned up and off we went. There was a very nice lady outside the bathroom, she had seen us in the bathroom, and she asked me if there was anything she could help me with, very thoughtful. I thanked her for her kindness and told her we were heading home and I had some help with me. That had to have been the best part of this ordeal, besides leaving, because someone seemed to relate to my plight or at least would like someone to offer some help if the roles were reversed.
We made it to the car and thanks to Noah's purchase at the gift shop we also had a barf bag for the ride home. Emma threw up 3 or 4 more times on the way home, not like she had anything left, and she slept. We made it home and she made it to the couch and fell asleep. But you would think the story ended here because we made it home...wrong...it just keeps getting better!
Now, back to Isaac...just as we get in the house and he starts playing with some toys he starts up on the runny diapers again! In a manner of 1o minutes I changed 4 diapers. Not cool. At least I have family in town and Jordan was cooking dinner tonight, otherwise I would have had cereal for dinner. When Steve got home we ordered "take out" from my family and my boys went and picked it up. Jordan is an amazing cook and our dinner was fantastic!
Now both kids are asleep, mom is ready to head to bed, and dad is finishing up work. Just another day in the life of us!! Let's hope for a better tomorrow, which is Isaac's birthday, so I think it will be great!!
4 comments:
Wow! Can I come with you next time? Maybe that is why we never made it to LegoLand. :) I hope that everyone is well once again!
I have one word for you...NIGHTMARE! Gees! Poop, throw-up, what's worse?!?!
You are such a champ! What an outing. I am surprised that you didn't start vomiting right along with her. So gross, but a mom has to do what a mom has to do right?
You know what's worse?...Getting sick the next day! Yep, mom got it the very next day! Good thing Grandma Sue was in town to come over and take the kids while I slept for awhile. I was well by dinner. It was some 12 hour stomach nightmare that managed to work it's way through my ENTIRE family that was here on vacation.
Post a Comment